From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-03 06:24:32

David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Martin Wille <mw8329_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>> This surprises me. I thought icc 7 doesn't have the exception-
>> handling issues with shared libraries from gcc.
>
> According to my tests, it does.
>
>> Anyway, I'll add another toolset to the tests I run.
>
> How will that help?

FWIW, also, all the Boost.Python tests are passing for me using
Intel8/linux.

I am just using a toolset file that contains:

  {
      local INTEL_LINUX_VERSION = 80 ;
      extends-toolset intel-linux ;
  }

Also, on Intel7/linux the only problems I see have to do with
exception-handling, which I assume is caused by not using an
icc-compiled Python binary. That looks nothing like the problems
you're seeing (e.g. http://tinyurl.com/5p6eu) which seem to indicate
not only that the build system is not functioning properly (the -v
option is being added to test command-lines after python instead of
after the .py script being tested) and that none of the extension
modules can be loaded due to the missing symbol std::_BADOFF. I'm
not seeing any of these symptoms either.

My intel7 toolset is, naturally:

  {
      local INTEL_LINUX_VERSION = 70 ;

--