From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-05 10:42:13

On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 11:24:39 +0100, John Maddock wrote
> Just out of interest, what is the problem that prevents the date-time
> library from implementing a microsecond clock using GetSystemTimeAsFileTime
> on Win32?

We finally got this knocked off the todo list. If you look at the recent
regression tests you will see the microsecond clock is now enabled and passing
on a variety of Win32 compilers that were previously excluded. No guarantees
that clocks on Win32 provide that level of resolution -- your resolution may
be less, as we have discussed here.

There is also a 'from_ftime' function (similar to from_time_t) to construct a
ptime on Win32 -- which failed regressions last night because I failed to
check in the entire change...

Enjoy :-)

Jeff