From: Johan Nilsson (johan.nilsson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-10 02:10:27

"Gennadiy Rozental" <gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> cxx: Error:

/net/redbelly/scratch1/rwgk/boost_regression/boost/boost/test/detail/basic_c
> string/compare.hpp, line 42: #40
> expected an identifier
> static bool eq( CharT c1, CharT c2 ) { return std::toupper(
c1 )
> == std::toupper( c2 ); }
> ---------------------------------------------------------------^
>
> How should deal with this one?

I don't know if this might be of help. I'm using cxx 6.5 under OpenVMS and
have had some (perhaps) related problems; not sure about Tru64 though:

- The <cxxx> headers are missing so I included
<boost/compatibility/cpp_c_headers> in the include path. I guess you've
already done that (or the Tru64 version include them) as you don't get
compilation warnings from the #include statement.
- I also found the switch "/standard=strict_ansi" useful to get ansi
violation warnings. Don't know the name under Tru64 though.
- I also seem to remember that I had to use the switch "/using_std" to
resolve some compilation problems when using the above switch. Looking at
the documentation I think it should really neither be necessary nor desired,
but ... perhaps just as a troubleshooter.

// Johan