From: Stephan T. Lavavej (stl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-17 23:59:15

http://stl.nuwen.net/bsl3.html (now with serialization, though not python)

* 5037 BSLed files.

* 39 files converted which have to be manually verified.

* 1 file that could be converted, but hasn't yet been. That's
boost/variant/detail/move.hpp. It's dual-copyrighted and dual-licensed, but
both Eric Friedman and Andrei Alexandrescu are now in
blanket-permission.txt. The file should be converted.

* 619 files that cannot be converted yet.

* 83 files without a recognizable license (including files from format,
lambda, pending, any, graph, iterator, mpl, property_map, and utility).

* 248 files without a recognizable copyright holder (all mpl, except for one
file from serialization, where bcp is getting confused - that's got a
copyright and a variant of the BSL).

Still need many authors for the BSL.

[David Abrahams]
> What do you mean? What was broken?

python and serialization used to cause bcp to fail. serialization has since
been fixed, but something is still wrong with python:

**** exception(205): std::runtime_error: Bad file name:
libs\python\doc\tutorial\quickstart.html
******** errors detected; see standard output for details ********

[John Maddock]
> Done, I've added the Aliases to blanket-permission.txt, and
> fixed up the regex scanning to pick up on Robert Ramey's web
> address.

Cool!

> I use "." as the module name, of course then it flags up a
> whole load of new problems :-(

I tried what you suggest, but it didn't work:

C:\Temp\boost\boost>..\bcp --report . bsl4.html

**** exception(205): std::exception: boost::filesystem::is_directory:
":sys:stat.h": The parameter is incorrect.
******** errors detected; see standard output for details ********

If you know how to scan everything, perhaps you could post the results?

The recent flurry of additions to blanket-permission.txt is /awesome/.

Thanks,
Stephan T. Lavavej
[I don't speak for Microsoft]