From: Richard Hadsell (hadsell_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-25 13:30:10

Markus Schöpflin wrote:

> What would you consider an easy way? Manually editing the toolset
> description would be out of the question I think, even if it's
> documented.

"Easy" would be one or two sentences; what to change in what file(s)
would be o.k. I would expect to find the explanation and instructions
in tools/build/v1/tru64cxx-tools.html.

In fact, having looked at this short page, it brings up another
possibility. Changing the name mangling is like using a different
compiler, or a different version of the compiler with a change in its
ABI. How about a different toolset? You are welcome to change
tru64cxx65 to use -model ansi, and create a new tru64cxx65arm for -model
arm. This would highlight the problem for new users.

It would also make it easier for Boost developers to diagnose problems,
because both options would be recognized, rather than leaving one
unsupported. Even if tests fail for tru64cxx65arm, the failures would
be understood.

--
Dick Hadsell			914-259-6320  Fax: 914-259-6499
Reply-to:			hadsell_at_[hidden]