From: Miro Jurisic (macdev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-26 00:44:04

In article <097d01c48b04$f7d380e0$a901000a_at_mat>,
 "Mathew Robertson" <mathew.robertson_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> And yes I do agree that it should be designed based around the user
> experience, and not necessarily around the developer... I'm trying to say is
> that for Win32 / Unix, you can get away with using C++ for developing GUI's,
> as this is the norm. For Mac, its not the norm, so why would a developer
> switch to C++, from say O-C...

I don't know why you believe this is not the norm. I have no numbers, but I am
pretty sure that C++ and Obj-C are the two main languages used by Mac developers
today, and they both have significant market share. Just because most (if not
all) cross-platform frameworks are inadequate for professional Mac development
(primarily due to lack of focus on user experience) doesn't mean there aren't
Mac-only C++ frameworks in use today.

meeroh