From: Michael Glassford (glassfordm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-26 09:34:17

Roland wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 14:34:30 +0400 Vladimir Prus <ghost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>

>>Unfortunately, I don't have that compiler around, so it's hard to look at the
>>file.
>>

>>>Could it be that single threaded and multi-threaded versions are beeing
>>>linked together?
>>
>>I don't know. The test Jamfile does not force either single or multi
>>threading. I note howerver, that only statically linked tests fail, and
>>statically linked test have "std::facet-support" in requirements, which, in
>>turn, force static runtime on intel. I'll try to remove that requirement and
>>see if it fixes the situation.
>

> I quote a message from Michael Glassford:
>
>>Bronek Kozicki says he has tracked down the problem for me: adding
>>"<threading>multi" to boost_thread_lib_base and boost_thread_dll_base
>>in libs\boost\thread\build\jamfile fixes the problem.
>

> To be honest, I know not enough about bjam, but perhaps you could
> ask Bronek Kozicki?

I'm also not a bjam expert, and Bronek said he wasn't either. He arrived
at this solution by experimentation.

Roland's right, though: the error message looks identical to the
Boost.Threads error that was fixed by this change. It would be nice if
someone got to the root of the problem and figured out what change
caused this error: it only appeared recently, at a time when no
Boost.Threads changes had been made.

Mike