From: Tobias Schwinger (tschwinger_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-27 10:17:55

Doug Gregor wrote:

>On Thursday 29 July 2004 9:22 am, Tobias Schwinger wrote:
>

>>what is the reason for the absence of "member_function_pointer_traits"
>>(or alike) in the type_traits library ?
>>To be precise: is it a design decision or just something not yet
>>implemented ?
>>

>AFAIK, it's just not yet implemented.
>

>>In the latter case I hereby volunteer for implementing it.
>>

>Great!

Got an initial version together which is (AFAIK, hopefully) worth
looking at.

If there is still interest in a submission, I need to know where to put it.

{CVS/ftp/scp [need an account then], mail [need to know where], my web
server [not sure this is legal since parts are based on code written by
other boost authors] }

>>[...first design ideas...]
>>

>Sounds good to me.

Inspired by people on the list and in depth analysis of the existing
library code, the objective of

"adding something like function_traits, but for member function pointers"

has evolved to

"providing a set of metafunctions conforming to the concepts commonly
used troughout the library (such as type-trait,bool-trait,...) to
classify and decompose function pointer types"

According to the review docs this seems to be a fast-track candidate,
however I would very much welcome anyone willing to build an example
program with some compilers not tested with so far, before formally
requesting for review.

Regards,

Tobias