From: Reece Dunn (msclrhd_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-29 14:35:54

Jeff Garland wrote:
>I found a few moments to work on cleaning up licensing issues and decided
>go make sure all the date_time xml docs have licensing info. The problem
>is,
>how should the copyright be added to all the files? I hunted around in
>other
>libraries using boostbook and it looks like they all lack copyright and
>license info in all but the top level xml file. I notice that in the
>library
>main file we correctly notice the following construct in the inspection:
>
><libraryinfo>
> <author>
> <firstname>Jeff</firstname>
> <surname>Garland</surname>
> </author>
>
> <copyright>
> <year>2001</year>
> <year>2002</year>
> <year>2003</year>
> <year>2004</year>
> <holder>CrystalClear Software, Inc</holder>
> </copyright>
>
> <legalnotice>
> <para>Subject to the Boost Software License, Version 1.0. (See
>accompanying file
> <filename>LICENSE_1_0.txt</filename> or copy at <ulink
>
>url="http://www.boost.org/LICENSE_1_0.txt">http://www.boost.org/LICENSE_1_0.txt>)</para>
> </legalnotice>
>
> <librarypurpose>A set of facilities to ease programming with dates and
>times.
> </librarypurpose>
> <librarycategory name="category:misc"/>
></libraryinfo>

This is so that the legal notice can be rendered in the introduction page of
the library documentation.

>So it seems one option would be to change the boostbook schema and allow
>copyright and legal notice elements in each file. The other possibility
>would
>be to add this as a comment:
>
><!--
> Copyright (c) 2000-2004 CrystalClear Software, Inc.
> Subject to the Boost Software License, Version 1.0.
> (See accompanying file LICENSE-1.0 or
http://www.boost.org/LICENSE-1.0)
>-->
>
>Thoughts on how best to approach this?

I think the best approach would be in a comment, since adding copyright
markup to each file would require adding code in the XSLT files to prevent
it from being rendered.

Regards,
Reece

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger