From: Jonathan Turkanis (technews_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-30 11:42:27

"Michel Decima" <michel_decima_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> >The latest package can be found at the following
> >> locations:
> >>
> >>http://home.comcast.net/~jturkanis/iostreams/
>
> The package avalaible on this page doesn't build with
> gcc-3.3 on linux and darwin. There are some
> compilation-time warnings and errors:

Thanks!

> you may apply the patch file_descriptor-cpp.patch to
> solve the problem.

I've applied you're changes, even though the library is meant to be frozen for
review, since they're so important.

> The link of the shared libraries fails too, because
> the gzip and bzip2 libraries names are wrong in the
> file compression.jam (the common names are libz.so and
> libbz2.so on unix/darwin/solaris...):

Eventually I'll have to have someone familiar with boost.build critique my
Jamfiles. For now, try defining the variables ZLIB_BINARY and LIBBZ2_BINARY, as
described in Installation ("Building with Bjam"), and let me know if it works.

Best Regards,
Jonathan