From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-30 11:20:49

At 06:07 AM 8/30/2004, John Maddock wrote:
>Some of the examples in bjam v2 are actually taken verbatim from the QT
>libraries examples, and currently have no copyright or license
declaration
>on them at all.
>
>Vladimir asks:
>
>"Will
>
>/* This file is part of Qt and is available under the Q Public License,
>available from http://doc.trolltech.com/3.3/license.html
>*/
>
>be enough to make inspect tool happy. If we're really going to be
>extra-picky,
>I don't think I can add any "Copyright" string to the file I don't own."
>
>Is adding such a string acceptable? Clearly we need to do something, but

>what?

I think Vladimir has the right idea; add a comment that indicates who does
own the file, and where the license resides, and teach the inspect program
to recognize that referral.

You wouldn't be adding a copyright; just a reference to some external
material that we have deemed an acceptable alternative to the Boost license
and/or a explicit copyright message.

--Beman