From: Carlo Wood (carlo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-30 19:03:30

On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 07:17:49PM -0400, David Abrahams wrote:
> It seems to me that some APIs might very well want to use an interface
> that can be statically checked for absolute paths, because relative
> paths can be so vague (and not safe from race conditions). Carlo's
> idea appeals to me for that reason as well.

Well thanks... but I didn't want to disturb the current
implementation of boost::filesystem that much - and so
far I assumed that my fs::native_path CAN contain a relative
path.

My most important analysis of practical use of paths from
a portable point of view was that an absolute path should
be considered to be _always_ native - hard coded in a type.
But not necessarily the other way around (a non-absolute
path can still be native as well).

The naming fs::native_path is essential thus and should not
be confused with a fs::absolute_path, that I did not propose.

--
Carlo Wood <carlo_at_[hidden]>