From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-31 00:49:56

Robert Ramey wrote:

> I'm struggling with the explicit-failures XML.
>
> About 40% of the serialization tests will fail on platforms which do not
> include support from wchar_t streams. As Understand the current schema
> (XML
> is not all that clear to me) I would have to specify one line for each
> pair
> of toolset-test that fails on this scenario. I my case this means 100
> test * 6? Toolsets = ? 600 lines of xml added to this file.

I'd like to second that question. On some toolsets, all *dll tests for
program_options fail. To mark those failures as expected I need one entry
for each test, and that's overly verbose. I'd much prefer something like

<mark-expected-failures>
     <test name="cmdline_test_dll"/>
     <test name="parsers_test_dll"/>
     <toolset name="cw8-3"/>