From: Jonathan Wakely (cow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-01 03:56:46

On Tue, Aug 31, 2004 at 11:30:40PM -0400, Daryle Walker wrote:

> Looking at the main index.html file in CVS, it looks like the old Compose
> library will be going away. However at least one book, _The C++ Standard
> Library: A Tutorial and Reference_ by Nicolai M. Josuttis in 1999, assumes
> that Compose will still be there (and improved over what's in the book).
> Shouldn't our library list page permanently keep a note over what happened
> to the Compose library (and what should replace it)?

That sounds very sensible to me.

At the least the pages for the lib should be there as they might be cited
in several books and articles.

libs/compose.html could still redirect to libs/compose/index.html,
which could just say:

    This library was deprecated in favor of the Bind or Lambda libraries
    and has been removed from Boost.

(as attached file does)

jon

	- David Hume