From: Jonathan Wakely (cow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-02 07:22:30

On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 01:24:44PM +0200, Jurko Gospodnetic wrote:

> Hi John.
>
> > No, we don't have a macro for that; BTW I think the Visual C++ is about
> the
> > only compiler that doesn't enable it by default :-(
>
> Would it be possible to add this to boost? Something like
> BOOST_HAS_RTTI? It seems like the best place to put such
> a macro.

Note that parts of Boost simply won't compile with "g++ -fno-rtti",
lexical_cast for instance. If there were a BOOST_NO_RTTI macro then
bad_lexical_cast could be changed so it doesn't use std::type_info and
typeid() but that would make it pretty much useless.

Also, as already pointed out, BOOST_NO_RTTI would imply different
things on different compilers, so it might be necessary to have
BOOST_NO_DYNAMIC_CAST, BOOST_NO_TYPEID etc.

jon

--
"If you think you know what the hell is going on,
 you're probably full of shit."