From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-04 10:46:04

I assume you're using the version currently in the main CVS tree. Or are you
using the version 1.31?

I've always had this problem. It manifests itself differently with
different compiliers. In often related to linkers removing "dead code" that
really isn't dead - the linker isn't smart enough to see that in fact the
code is used. One of the ways I've found to address this is to mark certain
templates for export (dllexport). Unfortunately, the way of doing this
varies from compiler to compiler.

So, I occasionally re-run all tests in release mode to detect these
problems. Usually this is enough. Recently, I've fixed up export to work
regardless of idiosyncrasies of various compilers and I may have broken
something. I'll retest and recheck this.

Robert Ramey