From: Jonathan Turkanis (technews_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-08 12:37:22

"Jeff Garland" <jeff_at_[hidden]> wrote in message:

> My only suggestion for shortening the formal review period would be to somehow
> encourage or develop reviews of libraries in advance -- thus reducing the
> amount of comment during the formal review. Anyone can go review boost::fsm,
> just to pick one, and go review the code and docs and post it to the list.
> The problem is, however, there is an additional dynamic during the formal
> review -- reviewers read other reviews and discuss them. Perhaps if there was
> a way of gathering review comments over a longer period (via wiki page or
> something) we could shorten this last phase.

This sounds like a good idea. But would it require that proposed libraries be
frozen for a certain period before the formal review begins? I know I took
advantage of the long wait (something like 8 months) between proposal and review
of iostreams to make lots of improvements, some as recent as one month ago.

Jonathan