From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-10 07:26:44

> I am compiling boost 1.31.0 with mingw. Specifically the packages I
> am using are:
>
> boost 1.31.0 with regex patch
> binutils-2.13.90-20030111-1.tar
> gcc-core-3.4.1-20040711-1.tar
> gcc-g++-3.4.1-20040711-1.tar
> mingw-runtime-3.3.tar
>
> Boost builds find until bjam reaches the regex library. There seems
> to be a problem with wide character streams in the regex library. I
> don't think the latest mingw supports wide character streams. Is this
> correct? If so, how do I compile the regex library? If there is no
> workaround, is it possible to use mingw with STLPort and boost?

I think this is because gcc-3.4 was released after Boost-1.31 and
consequently there are a lot of changes to libstdc++3 in gcc-3.4 that don't
get auto-detected in the Boost.config system. This is fixed in current
mainline cvs, so you could try replacing boost/config/stdlib/libstdcpp3.hpp
with an updated version (attached).

John.