From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-13 22:33:34

"Paul A Bristow" <pbristow_at_[hidden]> writes:

> [...]

It doesn't; research has shown that black on white communicates most
clearly.

> It makes things take longer to print out if you need
> a paper copy - when the going gets really tough. Nor do the boxes
> around really help much either, but they at least don't hinder.

Every bit of extraneous visual information hurts readability a little.

> The coloring isn't strong enough for my taste - using blue for keywords is a
> great help in reading,

Y'see, there will always be disagreement on that. Dark blue keywords
are too strong for me. I use a slightly more mild purple color. Oh,
and type names are green ;-) If you know emacs, these are my
settings (plus defaults):

(set-face-foreground font-lock-builtin-face "red3")
(set-face-foreground font-lock-comment-face "red3")
(set-face-foreground font-lock-constant-face "slateblue")
(set-face-foreground font-lock-string-face "darkgreen")

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting