From: Hartmut Kaiser (hartmutkaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-19 03:30:39

Maxim Yegorushkin wrote:

> I've been working on a small library - an immutable C++
> string. Now it is in usable state and has been put in use in
> a couple of real projects.
> Although it needs further polishing, I would like to know is
> there any interest in such a library?
>
> Here is the link: http://conststring.sourceforge.net/

Just wanted to mention here, that I've used const_string as a plug in
replacement for std::string for my Wave library and succeeded without any
further problems. Moreover, the const_string class gave a perfomance boost
of about 20% if compared to the flex_string and about 100% if compared to
the std::string (I can provide the concrete numbers, if somebody is
interested). But these numbers certainly very specific to Wave and its
applications.

Regards Hartmut