From: Ben Hutchings (ben.hutchings_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-20 10:39:54

John Maddock <john_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > Linker output []:
> > Chmod1
> >
> > ../bin/boost/libs/thread/test/test_tss.test/intel-8.0-linux/debug/
> > threading-multi/test_tss
> >

> > Run output []:
> >
> > EXIT STATUS: 139
> >
> > ?
> >
> > All thread tests are failing in the similar manner. This is really
> > unpleasant given that the library worked on Intel 8.0/Linux in 1.31.
>
> There are two issues here:
>
> 1) Intel 8.1 currently crashes on all tests that use the unit test
> suite, Intel tell me this will be fixed soon.
> 2) Intel 8.0 and 8.1: Martin Wille's tests are run on a Linux version
> that unsupported by Intel, as a result all tests that use
> <threading>multi fail during program startup, see for example
> http://tinyurl.com/4kvja. I don't see a solution to this unless we
> can either get someone else to run Intel on Linux, or else persuade
> Martin to use a different Linux vendor :-(

Are they assuming that later 2.4 kernels have NPTL when that's really
only true of certain vendors' patched kernels? If that's the problem
then it might be possible to work around it by pointing LD_PRELOAD at a
library that makes uname() return an earlier version. That's possibly
something of a drastic solution though!