From: Rozental, Gennadiy (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-20 15:57:14

Hi,

Here some question I've got while reading submitted library.

1. What is an advantage if using this library for scalar types (vs. defining
operator<<)
2. If primary target is collection formatting wouldn't it be better to name
library "collection formats something"?
3. If there is a way to assign format to collection/type combination
permanently (through global operator <<), why would I want to do it in every
instance of output operation?
4. What is an advantage of using this library to assign format to
collection/type combination permanently vs. explicit implementation (using
FOREACH construct for example)
5. Why do we need boost::io::range? Couldn't we use boost::range instead?
6. In a formatter usage how would I guess what is what?
   boost::io::formatter< char * > fmt( "\ ", " /", " | " );
   boost::io::formatob( vec, boost::io::containerfmt()).format( fmt );
7. Who come format calls order dependent?
 boost::io::formatob( vec, boost::io::containerfmt()).format( fmt ).format(
" : " );
8. If I got vector<vector<int> >. How do I supply separators for both
internal and external vectors?
9. Let say I print vector<char>. Is there way to print it like this: { 'a',
'b', '0x01', ' ' }

That's enough for now.

Please comment.

Gennadiy.