From: Matt S Trentini (matt_trentini_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-21 05:43:45

John Torjo wrote:

> Exactly ;) Making it cross platform would have made the time increase
> exponentially - I just don't have the time for that ;)

I understand, it's a shame, but I understand. :)

> <side-note>
> Especially if you add threading into the picture, implementation gets a
> lot harder. I should know ;)
> </side-note>

Oh yes. There's no real escaping the fact that threading is _hard_. :(

> You do need some win32 knowledge. I'm working to make it as friendly as
> possible - and so that you will need as little win32 knowledge as
> possible. This is a definite long-term direction for me - and I'm doing
> it one step at a time ;)
>
> Also, partly is because of the lack of docs :( I should have the first
> docs ready by 10th of Oct.

Yeah, the lack of doco is an issue - and I'm pretty glad I've got a
working knowledge of the win32 API while I read your CUJ articles! ;)

But given that you've chosen to work on only one platform and tightly
coupling it to win32, I think you're doing a great job with the library. :)

Cheers,
Matt