From: Thorsten Ottosen (nesotto_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-22 10:31:44

"Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve" <rwgk_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
| --- Thorsten Ottosen <nesotto_at_[hidden]> wrote:
| > In the range regression I get errors like

| The compiler is using the old EDG 238 front end. The error above is the most
| dreaded one with this compiler. It is the result of a bug in the EDG front
end
| that was fixed by EDG back in 1999:

| I don't know what to recommend in your case. It was a real challenge to get
| Boost.Python incl. MPL to work with this old compiler (thanks to David
Abrahams
| and Aleksey Gurtovoy!). Unless you have a strong interest in supporting
MIPSpro
| 7.3 it may be most practical to simply mark the tests as known to fail.

I'm not personally interested in porting to this compiler, but it seems that
it should configure

#define BOOST_NO_FUNCTION_TEMPLATE_ORDERING 1

this could actually make boost.range work 90% on this compiler. Can anybody
see any problems
in defining this flag for this compiler?

br

Thorsten