From: John Torjo (john.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-25 06:50:27

> There is also the issue of dynamically creating the GUI. If you create a
> docking/floating toolbar for example, which object stores the toolbar?
> The docked frame or the floating frame?

Fow win32gui, I don't worry about this.
Anyway, the OS has to have some sort of "parent" property and ways to
enumerate the windows.
(of course, I might be wrong - I'm only very familiar with Widows OS).

Thus, internally I have a map:
from HWND handle to a pointer to a window.

Whenever, I need something like, the parent(),
I find a HWND handle to the parent, and then look it up in my map. Then,
simply return it.

Best,
John

--