From: Jonathan Brandmeyer (jbrandmeyer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-25 22:21:14

On Sat, 2004-09-25 at 19:03, Stefan Slapeta wrote:
> Jonathan Brandmeyer wrote:
>

> > Please try this patch.
> >

> Doesn't change anything. Any idea where to debug?
>
> Stefan

I suspect that BOOST_INTEL_WIN is not getting set, which leads to not
enabling the workaround for this compiler.

If you can run ICC on libs/python/test/slice.cpp, with the appropriate
options to add C:\Python23\Include and the top level boost header file
directories to the #include path, in such a way as to dump the list of
macros that the preprocessor has defined (similar to what -dM -E would
do with GCC), it would help me to pin down the issue. The result will
be large, partially due to the 5158 macros defined by the Boost
Preprocessor library, so please compress it up and send it to me
directly.

The old version of the workaround macro that I used only checked
BOOST_INTEL_CXX_VERSION and _WIN32. Since that did not take effect for
intel-7.1-vc6-win32, I modified the test to use BOOST_INTEL_WIN and
BOOST_TESTED_AT() (since all known versions of ICC on Windows are
affected) instead, at the recommendation of Mr. Gurtovoy (see the recent
thread "Workaround macro for intel-7.1-vc6-*"). Unfortunately, the
metacomm-provided test results have not been updated since I committed
that change, so I don't know if it even helped the intel-win32-7.1-vc6
platform or not.

Thanks,
-Jonathan