From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-29 09:25:26

Doug Gregor wrote:

>> I've just
>> regenerated the files again and Jeffrey's problem is gone. Guess we'd
>> need to
>> #define YY_NO_UNISTD_H
>> to fix the other problem. I've added that to Jamfile and the files
>> seems to
>> still build.
>>
>> Should I commit the regenerated files and Jamfile changes?
>
> Sure.

Done.

> Were you able to check it on VC 7.1?

No. I'd appreciate if you could try there.

>>> We'll deprecate it in 1.32.0 (when, hopefully, we will
>>> have a new GraphViz parser that works well) and remove it afterwards.
>>
>> How the new parser will be implemented?
>
> Spirit.

Is it written yet? Would be interesting to see.

> Granted, they've dropped support for older, broken compilers,
> so someone will still be getting hurt by this.

Right. OTOH, I start to wonder if BGL should drop support for old compilers
as well. (borland and vc6 are marked unusable already). There seem to be a
lot of workaround inside BGL which means even reading the code hard.

- Volodya