From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-30 07:16:07

Joel <joel_at_[hidden]> writes:

> David Abrahams wrote:

>>>I think it looks great! Good work, guys. I agree with Dave that code
>>>should be indented for better readability. I'm ambivalent about colors,
>>> but I like blue, so I don't have a problem with the colors
>>> chosen.
>> Y'know, I like blue too, but it shouldn't be used for non-links.
>> Section headings should be black, just like the rest of the non-linked
>> text. Black on white reads much more easily (yes, according to
>> research) and that applies to headers as well as body text.
>
> I do not know what the study is but I find black very boring.

Red or orange would *really* be exciting. In this case, boring is
good. Black on white has the highest contrast and thus is most
legible.

> I find the blue headings actualy more pleasurable to read.
> I'd wish for the blue if you don't have a strong opinion.
> I really like the W3C style blue headings. I agreed on the
> grey tables with hesitation. Now everything is turning back
> to monochommatic grey again. Gimme back my blues... I love
> the blues....

Me too, in music.

The blue text isn't horrible, but cold colors tend to recede into the
background. I think that's the opposite of what you want from a
section header.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting