From: Stefan Seefeld (sseefeld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-30 09:44:24

in what sense do you use the term 'library' here ? While I fully
agree that is is very useful to approach this big task by splitting
it into modules, I doubt it is feasible or even useful to use these entities
as separate deployment units.
However, I think we can come up with a high level design that respects
the data flow requirements (the complex interactions between the parser
and the symbol lookup table notably) yet is flexible enough to let the
individual modules evolve in parallel. In fact, I have good hope
that I could use the same framework to analyze C code (something I hope
the Free Software community around GNOME / GNU will benefit from) by
using some form of polymorphism in the lexer, the parser, and the symbol
lookup.

Regards,
                Stefan