From: Arkadiy Vertleyb (vertleyb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-15 21:36:17

"JOAQUIN LOPEZ MU?Z" <joaquin_at_[hidden]> wrote

>On another topic, have you considered Arkadiy's
>RTL as another source of ideas/synergies? Seems like
>Arkady sort of diverted to his BOOST_TYPEOF facility,
>so I don't know what the current status of the lib is.

Well, RTL needs a typeof badly, so it's not exactly a "diversion", but I can
see what you mean :)

There are two major problems with RTL:

1) The amount of feedback we have been receiving is unproportionaly lower
than the amount of effort invested. This project started as kind of
research rather than to fulfill the need of some concrete application. We
hoped that, as we go, the applications would somehow emerge. After all the
domain is pretty popular. Unfortunately this didn't seem to work.

2) The project turned out to be too ambitious for the two of us. We did
implement all the functionality we wanted, but we could use a lot more
testing, some parts might need to be re-written, re-designed, etc.

IOW, if there is an interest in this library, we need help. Let me know if
anybody is interested, and to which extent -- I could open a project at
sourceforge, and we could proceed from there...