From: Russell Hind (rh_gmane_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-17 09:50:50

Tobias Schwinger wrote:

> I did this because I am not too well informed regarding the
> latest/upcoming version:
>
> There was an announcement from Borland that there will be a new BCC,
> based on the EDG frontend (fall 2003).
> I havent't heard anything about it since then and could not find any
> hint on their website either.
>
> However it seems there is a version 0x600 around - and I don't know if
> it is EDG based, but according to Boost.Config a lot of bugs have been
> fixed.

With C++BuilderX 1.0 they released a preview version of bcc32 6.0 which
did indeed use an EDG frontend and Dinkumware for the STL. At BorCon,
they announced that further development of this has been put on hold
indefinitely.

They are due to 'announce' there C++ plans for C++Builder by Dec 15th
this year. Hopefully this will also include plans for their compiler.

They aren't being very forthcoming with information at the moment which
is not a good thing.

Cheers

Russell