From: Aaron W. LaFramboise (aaronrabiddog51_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-18 23:31:03

Roland Schwarz wrote:

> This is not exactly what I mean. I was thinking morealong the lines of a
> remote procedure call mechanism.

As far as I know, this isn't possible, but its on my #2 on my signals
wishlist after #1, thread safety.

One way I could see this sort of thing implemented is similar to how a
quality standard C++ library implements contrainers that can be shared
between two processes: the signal class would be parameterized by an
allocator, and only use storage that is a member of the class or that
has been all allocated with this allocator. This would permit you to
just pass it a shared memory allocator and allocate the Signal class
itself in shared memory, and have everything "just work."

Aaron W. LaFramboise