Boost logo

Boost :

From: John Torjo (john.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-21 05:41:36

Dear all,

We got a lot of feedback relating the "Output Formatters" library [1].

"Yes" votes : 4
"No" votes: 2
"Abstain" votes: 2

- The docs and naming of the classes/functions could certainly be improved.
- Seems a lot of people want this for pretty output, testing, debugging.
- People don't need this library to provide ANY input facilities
- quite a few people wanted a redesign.

Thus, I wil consider this library "Pending Acceptation". In other words,
it's considered Accepted by default, but since it will be redesigned,
a new short review will take place.

Reece will redesign the library, and a new formal review will take place
within 3 months from now.
This review will take less time - I assume 7 days.

I will talk to Tom and Reece and schedule a next review date.

Just in case you still want a peek at the old code: (153Kb)

John Torjo,    Contributing editor, C/C++ Users Journal
-- "Win32 GUI Generics" -- generics & GUI do mix, after all
-- v1.5 - tooltips at your fingertips (work for menus too!)
    + bitmap buttons (work for MessageBox too!)
    + tab dialogs, hyper links, lite html

Boost list run by bdawes at, gregod at, cpdaniel at, john at