From: Caleb Epstein (caleb.epstein_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-22 15:36:38

John> To me, log4cpp seems way too complex and just modeled after the Java way.
Neal> I agree.

Thirded.

Here's a patch for the code in John's logging.zip which should improve
portability. I've just built it by hand on Linux and run one of the
simple test programs successfully. The changes involve:

* Use Boost.Thread for all threading, mutex, and tss stuff (requires
1.32.0 or CVS)
* Use boost::detail::atomic_count for the change_id counter
* Use std::strftime for the prepend_time() format specifier

I had to put in API-specific calls inside prepend_thread_id.
Boost.Thread really ought to offer some way to get at the current
thread ID.

--
Caleb Epstein
caleb.epstein_at_[hidden]