From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-29 22:50:56

Joel writes:
> Aleksey Gurtovoy wrote:
>
> > Dear All,
> >
> > I'd appreciate if you bear with me one more time and find a moment
> > to fix the following issues ASAP
> > (see http://www.meta-comm.com/engineering/boost/issues.html):
> >
> > python
> > ------
>
> Hi,

Hi Joel,

> Most of the broken links (in the Python tutorial) is in the boostbook
> auto-generated header (at the top)
>
> broken link: ../../index.htm,
> broken link: ../../more/faq.htm,
> broken link: ../../more/index.htm,
> broken link: ../../people/people.htm,
> broken link: libraries.html
>
> I'm not sure of the proper way to fix this. Shouldn't boostbook
> automatically generate the proper links?

It does.

> Is this a boostbook bug? Or, am I not using boostbook properly?

The latter. The BoostBook stylesheets employ the aptly named "boost.root"
parameter to determine the relative location of the Boost root directory.
If your docs are not located in the "$BOOST_ROOT/doc/html" directory, you
need to override the default "../.." with more appropriate value in your
jamfile.

In your case, something like this should do the job:

    boostbook tutorial : tutorial.xml
        : <xsl:param>boost.root=../../../../../..
        ;

> I'll correct the other broken links, those which I have a control
> over.

Thank you!

--
Aleksey Gurtovoy