From: Michael van der Westhuizen (michael_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-01 07:59:54

Vladimir Prus wrote:
> Aleksey Gurtovoy wrote:
[snip]
> reinstall. If I want to edit them, I'll edit them anyway. Write protection
> will just get in the way. BTW, just like it gets in the way with Boost CVS
> -- somehow all files are read only and I constantly have to change
> permissions or tell Emacs to override them.

You may need to force a "cvs unwatch" on those files then. Many
GUI clients make it a little easy to "watch" files by accident,
causing no end of pain for those who don't use GUI clients.

An easy way of determining if this is the problem is to change
the permissions on a file, then cvs update it. If the permissions
are reset to read-only, then you probably have some unintentional
cvs watchers.

Michael