From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-01 08:56:48

Tarjei Knapstad writes:
> On Sun, 2004-10-31 at 18:27, Aleksey Gurtovoy wrote:
>
> > 3) Put the archive and "regression.py" in the same directory and invoke
> > the latter with the following command line:
> >
> > python regression.py --local=<archive name> --runner=<your runner id>
> > --toolsets=<your toolsets> [<more options as needed>]
> >

> I'd like to run the tests, but what are the exact python dependencies of
> regression.py? (Sorry if this is on a website somewhere, but I couldn't
> find it..)

The 'regression.py' docs are here --
http://www.meta-comm.com/engineering/regression_setup/instructions.html,
but at the moment they don't document its [external] Python module
dependencies, which are:

    xml.sax.saxutils, urllib, tarfile, ftplib, zipfile, socket, time,
    getopt, glob, shutil, stat, os.path, os, inspect, traceback, string, sys

and, possibly, depending on the options, 'smtplib' and 're'.

> First I was missing tarfile, but was able to find python-tarfile and
> python-bz2 which got me a bit further. Now I get:
>
> File "regression.py", line 758, in ?
> commands[ command ]( **accept_args( args ) )
> File "regression.py", line 602, in regression
> setup( comment, toolsets, bjam_toolset, pjl_toolset, monitored,
> proxy, [] )
> File "regression.py", line 373, in setup
> import_utils()
> File "regression.py", line 342, in import_utils
> import utils as utils_module
> ImportError: No module named utils
>
> Where can I find this "utils" package? (preferably a Fedora Core 1 RPM,
> but that's not too important)

'utils' is imported from the inside of the unpacked archive, so the above
probably means that the latter didn't unpack properly. Let me do a quick
test of the whole thing on OS X... Oh, it seems like 'tarfile' (at least
as in Python 2.3) is not able to handle either of the tarballs -- it
doesn't fail, but doesn't unpack anything either. [It works fine with zip
on Windows].

We'll have to look into it further, but meanwhile I modified
'regression.py' to accept both the tarball and the unpacked directory
name, so you have an option of unpacking the thing manually and then
invoking the script like this:

    chmod -R +w boost_1_32_0 # permissions *do* get in the way
    python regression.py --local=boost_1_32_0 --runner=<your runner id>
            --toolsets=<your toolsets> [<more options as needed>]

The updated script is available from the same location --
http://www.meta-comm.com/engineering/boost/regression.py.

Let us know if you come across any other issues, and thank you for
doing the tests!

--
Aleksey Gurtovoy
MetaCommunications Engineering