From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-02 18:48:45

Robert Ramey writes:
> Actually after poking around in other pages - specifically the spirit
> documentation I find that its not uncommon for links to point to
> www.boost.org rather than have a relative path that would keep the session
> in the same documentation tree.

Robert,

This is one thing in which a CVS checkout (which you are examining) differs
from the tarball -- in a checkout many of these links redirect to Boost.org
because the BoostBook-generated documentation is not there. In the tarball,
the placeholder files which do the redirect are overridden by the actual
BoostBook-generated content.

That said, even in the tarball there is a number of links which use the
absolute www.boost.org notation without a good reason. I just fixed the
easy ones on the branch.

If someone wants to tackle the issue of how to handle the ones from the
documents which potentially might reside outside of Boost (Spirit docs for
instance, or conference papers), please be my guest.

--
Aleksey Gurtovoy
MetaCommunications Engineering