From: Andreas Huber (ahd6974-spamgroupstrap_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-03 02:52:51

Victor A. Wagner Jr. wrote:
>>> True, OTOH it is much easier to find a design flaw than to generate
>>> a good, solid design.
>>
>> Agreed.
>
> if it's so much easier to find flaws, how come so many thing are
> released w/ so many flaws?

I don't know, but I guess one factor is that it is much easier to
identify a design flaw than to actually fix it. Also, there doesn't seem
to be a consensus on what qualifies as a design flaw and what not. For
example, despite the success of the STL a lot of people still seem to be
happy with libraries that offer only runtime type safety (and require
lots of casting), even if it is clear that an approach offering
compile-time type safety is feasible.

Regards,

--
Andreas Huber