From: Russell Hind (rh_gmane_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-05 05:45:47

Bronek Kozicki wrote:
> Russell Hind wrote:
>
>> If people want more powerful components, they can be added afterwards,
>

> more importantly, these components could be independly developed and
> distributed. That would "boost" adoption of boost GUI. If there is any,
> anywany.

Yes, that is what I intended. They shouldn't be part of the base
library, so as to keep it small and simple (well as simple as gui's can
get).

I would like to see, as I think win32gui supports, the ability to use
controls from multiple threads. e.g. set the enabled state/text of a
button from any thread. I've currently written my own set of wrappers
around Borland's VCL library to enable this, but the VCL is a large
library and isn't C++, although it does integrate better with C++ than
.Net IMHO.

Thanks

Russell