From: John Torjo (john.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-05 12:47:17

> I'd even go so far as to say that the current implementation is too general
> (log_manager concept etc). Why not make it even simpler and only put in some
> effort to make the threading support more loosely coupled (as is already in
> progress). I'd definitely like light-weight Win32+Posix compatible
> integrated threading support. Keep the naming (and concepts +

will certainly do.

> implementation) simple and concrete: e.g. strings, streams, a single log
> manager implementation and just stick to that to make it clear what the
> library actually does.
>
> I'd personally very much like some kind of structured logging functionality,
> and I'll probably work on that offline in the near time. I'll keep the
> discussions (including requirements) from here in mind and post to the list
> when (and if) I come up with something useful. Any interest?

Yup. Basically, I would say it would be nice to have this as a library
on top of Boost.Log (maybe call it Boost.Structured Log ?)

As you work out the needed bits, just let me know how I should change
the lib so that it fits your scenario as well. How's that?

Best,
John

--
John Torjo,    Contributing editor, C/C++ Users Journal
-- "Win32 GUI Generics" -- generics & GUI do mix, after all