From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-08 07:42:53

> For what it's worth, I think that's a really promising idea. As is, the
> library is a black box. Nobody can introduce a new syntax parser
> without access to the library internals; this is directly contrary to
> the way that the STL separates containers and algorithms.

If you want to be able to access the state machine internals for a
particular implementation that's probably not too hard: in fact it's on my
Todo list. The hard part is defining an abstract state machine interace
that can be used by any state machine implementation rather than just one
specific one.

In fact I once tried to do this and gave up after about 6 months (wasn't
really geting anywhere), so I guess you could say I have history which
colors my perspective here :-/

I am in violent agreement that this is a good idea though, it's just getting
it done that's hard,

John.