From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-08 12:48:39

Note that making one's code "serialization friendly" does not require
inclusion of
a header from the serialization library.

In most cases it should be sufficient to include
namespace boost { namespace serialization { class access; } }
and

friend class boost::serialization::access;

in each class definition.

I don't think that's a huge burden.

Every week I get an email - how about adding serialization to this or that
class. It would be better
if sometime in the future we could agree on some sort of policy or practice
to include this
whereever appropriate.

So far it hasn't been a big thing - but I'm thinking that when 1.32 gets
released this may start to
become a bigger issue.

Robert Ramey