From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-09 20:39:16

The latest draft of the C++ Standard Library Technical Report is now
available at
http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2004/n1711.pdf

There may be editorial (non-substantiative) changes to the final version of
the TR document, but this latest draft is believed to be final in terms of
technical content. Thus it should be safe for implementors or users to
write code based on this latest draft.

It will be several years before most compilers come with a full
implementation of the TR. But some vendors (Metrowerks, for example) are
already shipping a few TR components. That brings up the question of what
Boost code does during the transition.

To insure Boost code works with various TR implementations, some Boost code
will want to use the compiler vendor's version of the TR if the TR
component required is available, but otherwise will want to use Boost
equivalent code. How do we handle that? The TR doesn't provide in
configuration macros, so I guess we will have to roll our own.

--Beman