From: John Torjo (john.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-10 04:16:27

>> http://www.torjo.com/win32gui/save_dlg.html
>

> There are certainly certain components like the save dialog that could
> be abstracted out in a cross platform manner. You just have to be very
> careful how you do it and take into account as many platforms as you
> can, since you would still want to use the native component.

Yes, you are correct.

As I've said before, I'm abstracting events, so that porting win32gui to
other platforms will be easier. IMO, events are one of the hardest parts
to abstract, when it comes to multiple platforms.

Best,
John

--
John Torjo,    Contributing editor, C/C++ Users Journal
-- "Win32 GUI Generics" -- generics & GUI do mix, after all