From: John Torjo (john.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-10 04:24:16

Caleb Epstein wrote:

> On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 22:29:06 +0200, John Torjo <john.lists_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>>>I'd prefer a way of storing the type information for each reflectable
>>>class statically, and in a generic way, e.g. something like
>>>std::map<std::string, property>. This would enable the reflection
>>>code could be decoupled from the reflected classes entirely and just
>>>operate on this property meta-data. It would also allow client code
>>>to lookup individual properties (e.g. by name) instead of having to
>>>visit all of them.
>>>

>>Not sure if I understood you correctly, but if I did, why not do this:
>>
>>// define globals in a source file
>>
>>// etc.
>>reflected_property r1(&window::get_enabled, &window::set_enabled,
>>"enabled");
>>reflected_property r2(&window::get_visible, &window::set_visible,
>>"visible");
>

> How would one go about associating all of the reflected_properties
> with the "window" class regardless of their type? I am imagining a
> repository of properties that users can query and enumerate, e.g.:

Of course. It all happens in the (templated) constructor of
reflected_property.

There, you can easily add this property to an array of reflected
properties. Then, at runtime, you can query them (much like I've done
with win32gui events).

Best,
John

--
John Torjo,    Contributing editor, C/C++ Users Journal
-- "Win32 GUI Generics" -- generics & GUI do mix, after all