From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-15 11:16:11

Vyacheslav E. Andrejev writes:
> Some time ago I've posted some bugs in date_time, and format
> libraries. There is no answer, there is no fix, there is no
> any reaction at all.

In most cases reposting your query helps to get the attention
of the corresponding maintainers. They might have just trivially
missed your post(s).

> The only two authors reacts and have applied suggested fixes:
> Hartmut Kaiser has fixed problem with select_p in spirit and
> Robert Ramey has partially fixed problem with ADL and vc7.1
> in serialization. All others bugs are unanswered.

Please see the above.

> But release is going to be issued. Why this?

We try to collect the patches that fell on the floor during
the release preparation, but given the amount of traffic on the
list and the sheer volume of issues developers have to deal with
during this period, some times things still slip through.

If it's critical for you that the bug is addressed in the next
release, please consider to be more persistent in getting your
message heard.

> What is the bugs policy?

The policy is "No regressions".

> Release is going to contain known bugs?

Some, most definitely. Do you know any software that doesn't?

--
Aleksey Gurtovoy
MetaCommunications Engineering