Date: 2004-11-15 14:52:20

Caleb Epstein wrote:

> I'd prefer a way of storing the type information for each reflectable
> class statically, and in a generic way, e.g. something like
> std::map<std::string, property>. This would enable the reflection

this is *exactly* what the 'data abstraction layer' of the "Lit Window
Library" does.

It stores a map<string, property> for aggregates and exposes the member
information of the aggregate via aggregate::iterator, begin() and end()
among other features.

Please have a look at

http://www.litwindow.com/library (homepage)

and download the lwbase package from SF and browse the documentation.

A quick introductory article is located at

http://www.litwindow.com/Library/Articles/dataabstractionlayer.htm

it is the first part of a series. The others will follow soon.

Regards

Hajo Kirchhoff