From: David M. Jones (djones_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-15 16:08:27

> "David M. Jones" <djones_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
> > Is there a reason why filter_iterator has no assignment operator?
>
> There's no reason, because it has an assignment operator.

Thanks for your reply. My confusion was due to an extremely unhelpful error
message (C2582) from MSVC 7.1.

The problem was that the Predicate class I was passing to filter_iterator
was not assignable and therefore the compiler could not automatically
generate the assignment operator for my class. Because filter_iterator
relies on the compiler for the default assignment operator, the error
message pointed to that class rather than to the Predicate class that was
the real culprit.

David