From: Rich Johnson (rjohnson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-16 10:37:19

On Tuesday, October 5, 2004, at 04:18 AM, Angus Leeming wrote:

> Actually, the glob_iterator I've implemented and have just posted
> here:
>
> http://www.devel.lyx.org/~leeming/glob.zip
> (Docs can be viewed on line at:
> http://www.devel.lyx.org/~leeming/libs/glob/doc/html/)

Hi folks--

I'm sorry I've been offline for a while and missed this thread.

Angus, GREAT job completing the grammar and packaging everything up!
Your modifications look like a _major_ improvement over my QnD
implementation--especially incorporating spirit. I can't wait to try
them out.

My only quibble is with the Windows #ifdef's and specialization
flags--I much prefer subclassing. Before everyone jumps on that, I
know it's primarily a matter of style--and that performance often rules
the day.

I especially abhor #ifdef's in the body of the code--when unavoidable
they should be restricted to a configuration section--such as
initializing a class variable.

There's something funny with your performance stats: the
glob_function results show an elapsed time that's less than the sum of
system and user time. How can that be?

--rich